Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back to school...homecoming , so profound

It's been about a week now that Ethan's been out of school. Thank goodness that he is getting better! My heart aches when Ethan is not feeling well. He is such a good boy and he tries to be strong and happy for his mommy. I know that Ethan got sick because of me...he smothered me with hugs and kisses while I was sick. I knew that Ethan would eventually catch what I had since my little boy would not leave my side for a single moment.
First day back and boy, Ethan was attacked with so many "Ethan, Ethan, Ethan". My little one is such a social boy...all of the kids in his class raced to the door to greet him. I guess they missed Ethan too! I know how that feels because when I'm at Ethan's bus stop, I get so anxious to see my little angel. Once the bus driver makes a complete stop, I would rushed over to the bus and give Ethan a big hug and a big kiss too. Just can't help it!
This weekend was really busy for us. Friday, took Marisa to get her flu shot. I just wanted to make certain that she's covered for this year. It's no fun to get sick, I know that I'm still trying to get over mine.
Saturday, drove my hubby to work. We had to stop by Tysons to meet with the towing company to make certain that they were okay to tow our truck to Bill Page Toyota. Finally dropped Van at the Sports Authority Store in Crystal City.

When I returned home, I took Marisa up to Tysons to get her ready for her homecoming. When we arrived at the Bare Essential store, they were very busy so we decided to just do Marisa's makeup ourselves.Daddy called to let me know that his truck was ready for pick up. Decided that it would be best to meet him and drive him to Falls Church...I was getting really tired. This was the moment that I wished that Marisa could drive! We returned home at around four to get Marisa ready for her dinner.My heart stopped when I saw my baby girl all dressed up for her dance. Where did all the time go? I can't believe that she's so grown...she is so beautiful & she took my breath away! For a moment, I became very protective & I felt that there is no boy in this world who is worthy enough for my baby girl. I was being her father & now I know how Van must be feeling all this time! I know that we are not prepared for our baby girl to become this young woman standing in front of me. When Marisa said thank you mommy, I heart was overwhelmed with love and admiration. Marisa said that she loved her makeup, her dress and her hair. I said to her, "see, mommy knows what she's doing". By the time Ethan and I drove Marisa to her dinner and her school, I was ready for bed! I totally forgot about the Halloween party that my friend was having for the kids.As I laid in bed holding onto Ethan...I watched as sleep fell upon my little angel's face. Ethan did not have any energy to fight his will to stay awake. It was so sweet to see Ethan give into his sleep...without hesitation, without fear, and without a care in the world. My son was in deep sleep before I could count his eye lashes. Yes, I was just staring at them because his lashes are so long and beautiful! I just stared into his perfectly round face, his kissable lips, his rosy cheeks, his chubby hands (left holding onto my hair & his right hand holding onto my face), his wrinkly eye brows, his tiny ears, his smooth forehead, and his cute button nose. Not before long, Ethan twitched a little grin on his lips and his hands had loosen up on the hold that he had on me...I knew that he was finally in deep sleep and in his sweet dreams. I was mesmerized with this little person who has such a strong hold on me. At that moment, I prayed that my son knows that he is so loved and I thank God for this moment and for every moments that I have with my perfect son and my perfect daughter.

No comments: