Monday, November 15, 2010

Wheezing



Ethan scared the heck out of me this morning! Ethan work me up at 2 in the morning with the sound of his dry cough. It was a mixture of a dry cough and wheezing ~ it was such a horrible sound. Van said that he heard Ethan wheezing, coughing, and trying to breathe. I got out of bed and held Ethan to sleep in the rocking chair. Just a few minutes longer, I would have taken Ethan to the ER. Luckily, holding Ethan in the rocking chair really helped my baby breathe a bit easier. Once Ethan was calm, I put him back down so that I could turn on the nebuelizer. My son is congested, again!

It's my fault for letting him out yesterday without a hat or a coat. Sunday, we went to the Thai temple off of Route 50. Well, I took Yai to the temple while Marisa and Ashley stayed home with Ethan. It was too early for them to go to the temple so I thought that it would be best for them to stay home until later. I told the girls to take their time. Yai and I had to be at the temple early enough to prepare the offerings for the monks. My husband's cousin had volunteered to help out at the temple and had asked for my mother-in-law to make some food for the monks.The day turned out to be so beautiful! By the time the girls and Ethan arrived at the temple, the sun was bright and it was really warm out. Of course, my Ethan loved every seconds he had running outside. I knew better than to let Ethan roam around without a jacket and a hat. Our baby could have played outside all day long if we had let him! My heart melts when I see Ethan with his cousin, grandmother, daddy and sister ~ his contagious laughter and smiles makes my day brighter.
We left the temple at around three in the afternoon. I came home with a big headache and was really tired from the day's event. I left Ethan with daddy so that I could get some rest. I slept from four o'clock until eight-thirty. My husband brought Ethan upstairs and woke me up. Ethan was ready for bed and had fallen asleep right after we turned off the lights!

By 2 a.m., Ethan was showing signs of another cold/congestion. His wheezing, coughing, and difficulties in his breathing was really alarming. Like I said, one more moment longer, I would have taken my baby boy to the ER. I stayed up to watch Ethan sleep just to make certain that he was not struggling to take a breath. By 3 a.m., I called Ethan's school to let them know that he was not going to make it into class.

I wanted to keep my baby home to make certain that his cold is not causing him any difficulties. It's hard to see Ethan suffer in the evening especially when he is well during the day. I just didn't want to send Ethan to school to make it worse for my baby. At least when he's home, I can monitor him and keep his nose clean! Oh well, another Monday that Ethan was unable to go to school...it was a treat too that daddy stayed home. It was nice to have a helping hand especially when I'm still not feeling 100%. Ethan and daddy took me to my dentist. After my appointment, we went to walk at Leesburg Outlet Mall. Ethan was in good spirit and I was grateful that I had this day to spend with both my husband and my little angel.Ethan enjoyed his day with daddy and I enjoyed my day watching my son and husband together.

No comments: