Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Great Fall

Tuesday, Ethan's first day back at school from our long weekend. Ethan has a lot of energy but unfortunate for me, I've been feeling like a log!
Ethan was so thrilled to be going back to school. After having a long weekend to rest, Ethan was set & pretty happy to wake up to go to school! After dropping Ethan off at school, I went to pick up my mother in Manassas. We hung around the house until I had to pick Ethan up at the bus stop. We then went to Ethan's speech but I was way too early. It's been two weeks that we've not made it to Ethan's appointment so I was anxious not to miss this one. We were early so the therapist said that I could wait or just start our process again next week. It was a good thing since I wasn't feeling well, my mother was waiting in the car, and I just wanted to get Ethan home.

Thu and mommy were watching a Thai movie while Marisa was watching Law & Order. Daddy was upstairs taking a shower so Ethan just wanted to "sit" with mommy. He was not comfortable in any position so he decided that he wanted to sit on my shoulders, which, I was fine with because I'm still not feeling 100% to fuss with anyone. Don't know why Ethan decided that he wanted to reach over to Marisa but when he did, he slipped behind the leather sofa (home theater seats with individual armrests). His head landed on the floor and of course I freaked because I wasn't quick enough to grab hold of Ethan. He bite his lips and bruised his forehead! Not the season that we are now in but a really great fall! Ethan was being a "BOY" but it did not make me feel any better with seeing my son hurt!
Monday, Ethan was my energizer bunny & just wanted to play so much but I have not had any energy to entertain my son. I kept Ethan home on Monday just to make certain that he is okay. He doesn't sound congested and he looks pretty "clear" to me but because I had to pick him up early from school on Friday, I wanted to make certain. Ethan had so much energy but I was still suffering from my "monthly visits" that I just could not function in full capacity. It was not a great day for me at all...I felt so low that at one moment, I thought that I just didn't have the will to survive one more day! I was very hard on Marisa and Ethan...I just wanted to rest but of course, being a mother does not allow you to take time off. When Van returned home from work, I went up to bed. My son, being as sweet as always, came and gave me a kiss and laid right next to me. We both fell asleep but before I closed my eyes, I prayed for strength. It was hard knowing that I was so mean to my innocent baby boy when he had no idea that I was not feeling well.

For two days now that I have not had the will and energy to play with my son. I don't have the strength to carry Ethan and run around with him like usual. I know that Ethan may not understand why I haven't been myself lately, but he still loves me unconditionally! I promise to do better!

This morning, Ethan decided to dive off the bed. Van exclaim "wonder why he doesn't hurt himself"...yes, being sarcastic! Ethan, every now and then, would do something like this. He would jump up in the air & land on his buttock right straight on the floor. Ethan would also do a swan dive off of our couch. Ethan would climb up on the gallon of the Deer Park water bottle so that he could reach the counter. Well, Ethan would climb up anything to just scare the living daylight out of me. Ethan would climb up the kitchen pantry shelves so that he could reorganize the pantry. Ethan would climb into anything (boxes, laundry baskets, dryer, cabinets, playpen) so that he could terrorize me. Then he would give you the biggest kisses so that you would forget that he was being nasty! I don't ever remember Marisa getting hurt like Ethan when she was a baby. What more should I be expecting from this little daredevil?

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. I wish we lived closer and I could come play with Ethan for you while you rested.

He is such a boy climbing all over everything and then diving off. Ahh, the joys of boys. I can't wait to experience it all.