Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cheesecake Factory & The People Picture

Yummy! It's never wrong to go to the Cheesecake Factory after a long day of waiting. The red velvet cheesecake was so delicious. This was a welcome treat for me and my children especially when we waited for hours at the Picture People place. What a huge differences in customer service ~ night and day. We were seated right away and our server was exceptional. Although he had just started with the company a few weeks ago and was a bit nervous, he did an excellent job. He even went as far as to wait for our table to finish out meal before getting off from work. I would recommend everybody to go to the Cheesecake Factory in Fair Oaks Mall for some TLC. It took us a while to finish our meal since we waited on Amanda to join us for dinner. Marisa was so hungry so she had ordered so much food, which I knew that she was not going to finish. It was a perfect ending to a horrible session with the picture folks.Who knew that everybody was thinking the same thing when it came to getting their Holiday pictures taken! Initially, our appointment was at 4:30; however, we were able to get Marisa into the doctor's office early so we headed to Fair Oaks in hope to change our schedule. We arrived at 11:30 but the place had only two people working...the manager and another person. I was pretty patient since I knew that it would be hectic but boy, not being acknowledged was pretty bad.I was not greeted when I walked into the store nor did anyone person from the store approached me while I stood in front of the cash register. I don't care how busy you are but you must acknowledge your customer...say that you would be with them soon or say I'm sorry that it's crazy but I'll be with you as soon as possible...anything. I went back to the car to gather my children so that we could go to the Apple store to check online for any available time besides my scheduled appointment. I decided to give the People folks another try...walked in, stood at the register but this time, I open up my mouth to a guy that was helping another customer in previewing their pictures. Now I know that he did not need to sit with them while they preview their pictures so I asked for him to check on the schedule. Good or bad, he was the manager and I told him that I came into the store a moment ago but did not get any service. I normally don't greet people this way but I wanted him to be aware that customer service was lacking. We changed our appointment to 1:30...and it went downhill after that. We arrived early to get ready...twenty minutes later, we were lead into the back. The photographer was the same girl who had taken pictures for us before...I was not happy with the choice but we didn't have many choices. I wanted to make the best of things so we went with the flow. I didn't really anticipate that the wait would be so long. I don't think it really matters on when we come to this place, it's always horrible to wait for hours. This place was packed like sardines...thank goodness that my children were really great troopers! I was very disappointed with how the pictures turned out...Ethan wasn't even looking at the camera in most of the poses. I hate having to go back to the Picture People folks but I keep giving them chances. We've been to them five times already since Ethan's birth and all these visits resulted in bad customer service, poor quality of poses/pictures, long waiting time however, I always end up buying pictures and leaving these poorly taken pictures in my piles of stuff. I hate to throw pictures of my angels away even when the pictures are in poor quality. This is why my husband hates for me to go any photography place...I can't say no! My heart was set on getting some really great pictures but of course it was such a big disappointment. You live and learn but in this case I've been giving the folks at the Picture People many opportunities to getting it right. My daughter is fifteen and the only time that we got really great pictures from the Picture People was when she was seven. We took the pictures with Ashley, Celina, and Samantha for Yai's birthday at Springfield Mall. Who ever had great experiences with a photographer...please let me know. I would love to capture my Ethan and Marisa while they are still young.

No comments: