Thursday, November 11, 2010

Teachers cried "wolf"

Ethan's out of school early again! Wednesday, the school called Van to pick Ethan up. The teachers and the nurse felt that Ethan was having respiratory distress. I've advised them that Ethan was fine and that the doctor said that he was fine but...they wanted to be safe. Ethan left early from school on Friday, I kept him home on Monday, and now he has to leave early again. I know when Ethan is sick and when he is having difficulties, this time around, Ethan is feeling well!

Ethan's teacher is crying "wolf" which freaks my husband out! I contacted Ethan's doctor and advised them of what his teachers have told my husband. Since they were unable to see Ethan for another 2 hours, I was told to take Ethan to the ER. To me, Ethan is doing fine and he was not showing any signs of distress but I did not want to take that chances.

We arrived at the emergency room at Fairoaks Hospital. We were seen right away and of course his temperature was 96.8 and his oxygen level was at 100%. The doctor on call and two nurses cleared Ethan. The doctor said that his lungs sounded clear and that there were no need to have Ethan's chest x-ray. The cutest thing that came out of this was that Ethan was so good at the ER. Ethan pulled up his shirts to let the nurses and the doctor listen to his chest. He also laid straight down on the bed and pointed to the instrument that the doctor uses to look in his ears, nose and throat. Ethan wanted them to look into his mouth so when he laid down on the bed, he opened his mouth and said "aw" with his tongue sticking out! The nurses and the doctor just laughed and said that he was so adorable! They said that they wish that all of their ER patients were like Ethan. Another personnel came to look over our paper work and said that Ethan is such a heart breaker ~ he is such a big flirt! In no time at all, we were off on our way to Yai's house. Thu wanted to spend some time with Yai so we ended up in Lorton.Ethan was happy as a clam! Well, with the exception of his wee wee. When I changed Ethan in the morning, he did not stay put & was just playing around. I must of wiped his wee wee too hard and pulled onto his skin. Ethan showed daddy that he was hurting. It was so cute to see his facial expressions. Anyways, Ethan told Yai that he was hurting down at his "hum" too. Besides that, Ethan was just jumping off the walls and was as happy as he could be. He had french fries and chicken nuggets...he also was able to play with both of his grandmothers. What a treat for Ethan to be out of school early.Ethan is home with me today ~ just wanted him to have a break! I had a dentist appointment so Ethan had an opportunity to spend some time with daddy. In addition, Ethan was able to take a little nap when I drove home from my appointment...hope that he is not going to stay up late tonight!

No comments: