Thursday, November 18, 2010

IV or not

Ethan's doctor said to take Ethan to Fairfax Hospital to have Ethan hook up to the IV. Ethan only had one wet diaper at 8:30 this morning and it's 4 o'clock in the afternoon. In addition, Ethan is very sluggish today especially with his temperature racing to the top! My husband said to just give Ethan one more chance to fight this and if he is still not eating or drinking, we will take him in the morning.

It's gut wrenching to I see my son in this condition. I've been watching the clock and it seems to be standing still. I've given Advil to Ethan, but it's taking an eternity to bring Ethan's temperature down. I raced to all of the local pharmacy to try and find infant's Tylenol or Motrin suppository but nothing was available. At the ER, they had recommended for me to get it for Ethan since it was easier. Ethan kept throwing up the Advil so it beats the purpose of getting Ethan's temperature under control! Each seconds that passes by & Ethan's temperature is not dropping, it makes me more eager to take a hold of my son and dash on over to the hospital.

Ethan slept for a few hours, which was good for him. He needs rest, lots and lots! When daddy came home, Ethan lite up like Christmas lights! I love seeing his face when he is around his daddy! By the time my husband came home, Ethan was laughing and running around. Ethan was willing to eat and drink again! Ethan's temperature was normal but I'm still watchful...need to make certain that Ethan is not dehydrated. I know that taking him to the hospital would be an ideal situation but you don't know how hard it is on us and on our baby. Ethan is still bruised from the ER ~ the nurses tried to take some blood & it was really difficult for them to find Ethan's veins. If we are able to keep Ethan hydrated, I would feel better than making my son suffer at the hospital. I'm going to be a hawk tonight...I pray that Ethan gets better!

No comments: