Friday, November 5, 2010

Mrs. Than

"Oh, I'm sorry...your husband's number was the first on our list to call", said the school nurse at Arcola. I knew that my husband was stretching when he said that Ethan's school have been trying to contact me because Ethan was really sick. Yes, when I arrived to pick Ethan up from school...the story was this... Ethan's teacher was concerned that Ethan may be having an "asthma attack" or that he sounded pretty congested. The nurse wanted to be safe since I told Ethan's teacher about the 911 call. Ethan came home with a runny nose yesterday & I've been monitoring Ethan to make certain that he was okay. We felt that he was fine & had decided to send Ethan to school. Oh well, the nurse said that she wanted to be safe than to be sorry later & so she dialed the first number on the emergency contact list. There are four numbers listed with the school, daddy's, mommy's and Ethan's two aunts.

Ethan was fine, when I arrived in his class, Ethan was pushing a chair around his room. Ethan came and gave me a big hug & I give my baby a big kiss. Ethan was happy to see me and I was thrilled to have him with me. We turned it into a day for us. Went and bought lunch from McDonald's. Came home and read stories, watched Sponge Bob and waited from Marisa. When Marisa came home from school, we took her to her friend's home in South Riding. My son and I had dinner together and went to bed early. Had to get daddy to pick Marisa up but it was nice to have just Ethan and mommy time again :~)

No comments: