Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ethan bear on my face!

Energizer bunny ~ ready to play!

My goodness...I had such a hard time sleeping last night! I thought that I could take advantage of the extra hour of sleep?!?! My son had something else in mind. I was not feeling well because of my "monthly visit" but that did not keep me awake. Little Ethan was doing some type of dancing on my face! He felt like a little monkey trying to climb up a tree and in this case, my head and my face. I don't know if he was cold or that he just did not want to let me go. Oh, maybe it was because he fell asleep with his daddy instead of me! I was just too tired to hold him to sleep so daddy was holding Ethan when Ethan fell asleep. I've been so drained from this "monthly bill" that I just was not able to function. I thought that I was going to drop because I was so sickly...sweating, light headed, vomiting, stomach aches, and crawling into the bathroom! Not a pretty site but thank goodness that I was able to sleep for a few moments.

While my little monkey was in deep sleep, he still was trying to stay attached to me. Not just me, but my face. I wonder if Ethan just want to be comforted by my heavy breathing on his face! Any how, he just would not sleep anywhere else but on my face. My husband asked why Ethan doesn't sleep that way with him...beats me! At times like this, I wish that Ethan would be more attached to his daddy. My baby boy kept me up all night and by seven o'clock this morning, Ethan woke up with a huge smile on his face. I figured that he had a really good night sleep since he was ready to jump out of bed. Ethan called for his daddy in his groggy little voice. I imitated his voice to call daddy too! Van jumped back into bed and played with Ethan. Ethan touched his daddy and said "daddy" then touched me and said "mom". He then said "Sa Sa", as he always does. I know that Ethan loves to have us all together.

Marisa was downstairs getting ready. We decided that we would take daddy to work and then would go and visit Yai. By the time we arrived at Potomac Yard/Crystal City, my husband asked for me to come back to pick him up at around one o'clock. When we arrived at Yai's house, my husband called and asked for me to pick him up at around twelve thirty instead. Without realizing that Yai have not changed any of her clocks in her home, I rushed Ethan and Marisa out of the door. Well, found out that it was only 11:12 and that I had all the time in the world to get to my husband. Not getting a good night sleep can do this to a person!We had dinner at Yai's. Van finished watching football with his sister, Marisa finished her homework, and Ethan had his bath. We haven't even gotten onto Fairfax County Parkway when my little monkey fell asleep. I know that he was tired because he kept coming to me to carry him. It was 8:23 and you know that Ethan's body thinks that it's 9:23! Now that I'm feeling a lot better, I hope that my Ethan bear decides to climb on my face again tonight. Mommy is ready for you to cuddle with!

No comments: