Friday, October 1, 2010

HI MOM!

Last night while Ethan and I were watching television upstairs, we saw a Trident gum commercial where a big sister was putting makeup on her baby brother. When the mother came into the room and asked what they were doing ~ the little girl responded "fighting cavities" and the little boy turned around, waved & said "HI MOM!" With this prompting, Ethan turned around on his chair & waved at me while saying "HI MOM"...music to my ears! I was trying to get Ethan to bed but he was waiting on his daddy. When I asked Ethan if he wanted to go to sleep in Thai, he said "chah chah ~ translate to yes, yes". It's neat too that when I speak Thai to Ethan, he'll respond in Thai. When I speak in English, he'll respond in English. When we came down to see Marisa, Ethan had his milk & was really ready for bed. I asked Marisa to go downstairs so that I could put Ethan to bed. In no more than a second, Ethan was fast asleep ~ he did not even realized that daddy was home!
Today, I went & picked Ethan up from school. Did not get a chance to take his picture but caught him on video. We went to meet up with Aunt Thida at Fairoaks. While waiting around for her, Ethan said "I ove ou" and again, my heart melted. I love that he is able to communicate more and more each day. I just can't wait for more surprises awaiting for Ethan to discover!
We've been watching how Ethan catches everything, It's also great that Ethan try really hard to imitate what he is seeing and hearing. For example, when Ethan watches Thai singers on Youtube ~ Ethan would try to sing & dance along with them.

No comments: