Sunday, October 24, 2010

24 hours

What a difference one day can make! Man-o-man, something hit me like a boat load of refugees, yes I'm making this analogy because I was one on the refugees in 1975! Not really a "boat person" but I did traveled by a boat in the middle of the night ~ crossing the mighty Mekong River into Thailand to escape communism! Although this analogy may not make any sense, it's the only thing that I can think of at the moment. Bare with me, I'm still trying to get over this bug that hit me really hard on Saturday.

Well, I started feeling something was not right with me after Ethan's Autumn festival on Friday. It was really cold while we were outside with his classmates. I started feeling really achy and my throat was hurting a bit. Water tasted funny and my head was just pounding like a jack hammer! I didn't think anything of it until it was full blown on Saturday. I was really miserable! I don't know how Ethan is able to stand being sick like this! I was feverish, my bones & joints were achy, and my head was throbbing a hundred times per minute! My throat felt like a sharp knife was scraping the back of my throat every time I swallowed. With the way that I was feeling, I just couldn't stop thinking about my Ethan and how he must have been suffering like me when he gets sick. I felt like a baby but of course it was difficult to stop being a mother to my children and a wife to my husband. But to feel the way that I was feeling and to realize that my son is such a strong guy makes me love Ethan more. I don't know how much more I can love my baby, but I do! When Ethan get sick, he still makes you laugh and smile. Ethan doesn't moan or becomes winy...Ethan continues to brighten my life with his hugs and kisses. My sweet baby boy, he doesn't stop being his wonderful self even when his body is weak. Oh I wish that I could be more like Ethan! All day, Ethan was smothering me with his hugs and kisses. I was so afraid that he would catch what ever it was that was affecting me but Ethan just kept coming. I felt that Ethan could sense that I was not feeling well so he stuck to me like glue! Ethan kept caressing my face, holding my hands, kissing my nose, hugging my legs, touching my hair, holding my face up against his, and making sure that I knew that he was right by my side! My little angel ~ how lucky am I to be chosen with this blessing?Van came home from work and gave me a massage. I took a whole lot of medications and was ready for bed. Of course, my son was right by my side holding me so that we both could fall asleep together. My little angel fell asleep in no time and I was able to close my eyes too.

What a difference a day made! Today, my body does not feel like a ton of bricks. My head doesn't have the constant throbbing and my throat, well I can eat! What ever it was that hit me really hard did not hold up against my little angel's TLC. When I woke up this morning ~ my son got up about the same time. He sat up in our bed while I was running downstairs to get his milk ~ I waved at him and he waved back. It was really cute because Ethan's spontaneous gesture made me smile and I was thinking to myself how my son is just too perfect and my life is pretty set! Ethan had hardly wiped the sleep off of his eyes, yet he was able to recognize me in the morning darkness. My sweet boy...when I returned, he just smiled at me to let me know that he was waiting for me. I love waking up and be greeted by Ethan's smiles! What more could I ask for?

No comments: