Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh My - BIG 3!

Three years ago around this time (7:49 am), Van rushed me to Fairfax Hospital. Van assured me that Ethan was not going to come this day. He knew how scared I was especially when I was only 32 weeks along. With all of his reassurance, Ethan had another thing in mind. My boy did not care that he was still too young to grace up with his presence. By 6:03 pm on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 ~ my angel arrived into this world with so much love to spread to my family and to our friends. I will retell this story at another time!
But today ~ my son is three! What a huge stride for my little monkey bear or so I should say my Ethan bear. I am so overwhelmed by the life that I've been privy to. Overwhelmed in a wonderful way, of course. Without my children, I don't know how life would be like. It was two days ago when Van and I were talking about living forever. If only this is possible! I told him that although my life has so many struggles and challenges ~ being able to continue to watch and learn from my children was all that I am asking. Life is a great blessing ~ I'm thankful that I get to share with my children and my husband!

Marisa keeps up on our toes. She's a teenager and boy I wish that we have an instruction manual! Thank goodness that she knows that we love and trust her. We always want our daughter to be free to come to us. We've told her time and time again that we are always on her side.

Ethan keeps up on our toes too. He is so busy and curious about everything. He was so silly last night while we were trying to put him to bed. We were a little more lenient on him since it was not a school night. Van made Ethan's bottle for him ~ these past few days, Ethan doesn't want his milk during the day as much so when he is ready for bed, I'm more than happy to give him milk. We first gave Ethan four ounces, then he asked for more. Van gave him another two but when Ethan was finished, he asked for more. I realized that by Ethan's fourth request, he was just playing with us. Ethan wanted daddy to turn on the lights so that he could continue to play! My, my, my...by the time I figured this out ~ we all were laughing just because my son is silly! This was Ethan's first time to drink ten ounces of milk in one sitting!

I can't wait for more to come...what a big difference between my son being one and now being three! I will write more on the next post...I have to go and finish preparing for his party. Finished baking yesterday, and now I have to go and prep the steak, spring roll, sticky rice, and so on.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I can't believe how fast three years went:) How lucky Ethan is to have you and Uncle Van as his parents!! And, Marisa as his sister! I hope he had a great birthday! I miss him and all of you so much! Also, e-mail me and let me know what you want me to make for you. I want to make a skirt for Marisa; I was going to wait until Christmas, but I would be happy to make her one now:) Just let me know what you would like!

Than4Keeps said...

Just teasing you Abby...don't worry about making me something...I don't go to too many places to get all dolled up. I'm always in my sweats and tees, which Uncle Van hates! That would be nice for Christmas for your cousin ~ at least it will give you some time to work on this project. I know how hard it is to try and juggle (school, work, home, etc.),just do what you can.

I feel that WE are the LUCKY folks to have Ethan in our lives. He brings so much joy and love that at times, it's insanely overwhelming to take it all in. I am amazed by Ethan's growth, progress, interactions with his daddy and sister, and pureness ~ I could sit all day and watch him! To give so much love and to receive even more back! I hope and pray that every woman can have this type of blessing ~ priceless!