Sunday, October 24, 2010

Silly Sunday

After my struggles with a little bug, I'm so thankful that I was not consumed by it! Sunday, such a beautiful day to spend with my children. Ethan and I woke up early this morning ~we greeted each other with a wave and a smile before daddy woke up. Ethan pointed to daddy and said "daddy" then he pointed to me as said "mom" and smiled. I know how much my son loves to see us together. He asked for Sa and I told him that she was still sleeping downstairs. I asked if he wanted to go and see her. Of course he said yes! Daddy got out of bed to get ready for work. Ethan and I stayed in bed a bit longer so that Ethan could finish his milk. When Van was ready to head on downstairs, Ethan followed.

We said our good-byes to daddy. We waited for Marisa to be up so Ethan played with his toy animals while I watched a movie. Marisa woke up but Ethan was first to catch her in his sight. I didn't even know that she was awake but I saw that Ethan stopped what he was doing and just stared at Marisa. Maybe he was just surprised to see his sister up so early on the weekend! Told Marisa that we needed to go to the Thai temple in Sterling before we headed up to Yai's home. Yai was first going to be at the temple and I wanted to take my kids there to grab something to eat. Van needed to return the car to his niece in Lorton so we were going to just meet up for dinner at Yai's.
Before heading to Yai's, we stopped by Target for Ethan's milk, oatmeal, and detergent. Then Marisa asked if she could stop by Fairoaks Mall to pick up a legging from Forever 21. While Marisa went into her store, Ethan and I sat outside to enjoy the beautiful fall day. I took some silly pictures of Ethan just to highlight my perfect day with my children!
Ethan got a special treat too. His big cousin took him to play at the playground. He loves his "Ash...eee" so much! I love to see how he shines when he see her...I'm glad that the gap between their age doesn't restrict their bond. Even when Ethan wants to grow hair as long as his cousin! We still had fun just being amazed by Ethan. Bo-bo called to ask if we could wait for her to come see Ethan before heading home. Of course we just had to wait because Ethan loves to have his cousin hold him like a big teddy bear. We finally left Yai' house and my little silly bear fell asleep on our way home...great timing! I wanted Ethan to be in bed by eight and right on the dot, he was asleep. Have a wonderful dream my darling boy!

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

So glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a fun weekend, despite not feeling well. I love Ethan's little skeleton costume!