Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Arguably the most precious!

I am bias but arguably reasonable, sometimes! My little Ethan bear is too adorable that sometimes it's difficult to punish him. Ethan's teacher said that Ethan loves to help out with getting stuff out & putting them back. She said that he sometimes would help put things away even when they are not finished! Yes, my little helper! Ethan gets a gold star for being so assertive!
His teacher even went as far as saying that Ethan is just too cute that at times, she just shakes her head in amazement! This is just another way of saying "I can't control him so I have to let him win"! His teacher said that Ethan would say hi to everyone and doesn't hesitate to say bye-bye. She said that he does really well in following directions and knows his routine...she said that Ethan can copy any signs that he is given. She is so thrilled that Ethan is so eager to learn! She said that all of his other teachers raved about how much they could see that we've worked really hard with Ethan. Ethan's teacher said that they give me all the credit for Ethan's progress; however, the credits should be directed to my Ethan, my family, and my Heavenly Father. Without determination, dedication, patience, love, strong will, endurance, hope and faith ~ we would not have gotten this far. Ethan is like a sponge ~ soaking in all that's surrounding him. Van and I are just at awe with how well Ethan remembers things. On our first visit with his speech therapist from Children Hospital ~ she asked Ethan if he knew where his elbows were...of course I have not taught this to Ethan. so Ethan pointed to his knees (logical, I thought!)... I've only taught Ethan just simple stuff like eyes, nose, lips, teeth, head, hair, ears, tummy, butt, shoulders, knees, hands, fingers, jump, run, and so on, well maybe not too simple. When I pointed to Ethan's elbows, he immediately showed his therapist. When we left the office (10/12/2010), I asked Ethan again where his elbows were. Without a second to think, he pointed to them. Every since that day, Ethan knows! Amazing! I just love having this opportunity to witness his progress! I thanked his teacher for giving Ethan the chance to grow in a classroom environment, Ethan loves being with other kids. I told her that I am now working really hard on getting Ethan to vocalize more of his wants & needs. As his mother, I know what Ethan is trying to say but to others, his is just grunting :~)!
I know that Ethan loves to help around the house (ignore his shirt "I didn't do it"). His grandmother and his aunt always ask how am I able to have enough energy to keep up with Ethan? In Thai, they say that "Ethan is suarn" which translates to Ethan being arguably & adorably a trouble maker! At Yai's, he would try to mop the floors. He also would take all of her Tupperware out of the cabinets and rearrange them on the floor. He also loves to try and re-pot Yai's plants ~ the vacuum cleaner is always on "ready mode". Ethan loves to throw things in the trash can & loves for us to clap for him after he is finished! Ethan loves to unfold our clothes & remove everything that's in our baskets. He doesn't hesitate to take all of our can food out of the pantry to stack them up & sometimes throw them in the trash! Oh, and forget about my cooking utensils & measuring cups ~ they're gone. He loves to redecorate my desk that we've set up in the kitchen. Ethan also loves to hide his toys, books and anything else that would fit under the entertainment center or the refrigerator. I notice that he gets into this little routine when he is really tired. Of course, he will not sleep because he is so afraid that he's missing out on things. Eventually, he'll fall asleep! As I watch my son in his deep sleep, I can't stop but think of how precious these moments are...I can't wait for Ethan to wake up with his new found energy ~ just to see what else he can find to do around the house.

No comments: