Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn moon & special time

Today, Ethan said "more" while using his index finger to prompt this word. I've been trying to get Ethan to vocalize rather than signing his words by putting my index finger to my mouth and prompting the words for Ethan. He is my little monkey bear, just doing exactly what I've been doing for him. He was trying to prompt for me to say "more"!

Last night on our way to pick daddy up from work in Crystal City, the moon was just so amazing! I heard that it's a "hunting full moon or a harvesting full moon". What ever it was , it was so bright! I took some pictures and asked Marisa to take more pictures of Ethan sitting in his car seat. We've had to adjust with having only one car to use. I guess it's a good thing that I can have my family together. I love to have my family together, be it in the car or in our home...I can't get enough of hearing Marisa and Ethan laugh and play together! Only a mother would understand how the sound of their children happiness just fills a mother's heart! We arrived around seven but daddy was not ready until close to eight. We ended up at Yai's house for a quick dinner. Van was working in Fredericksburg today so be asked his niece to use her car. I was a pretty worried that it was getting so late for my children, especially when Ethan hates to wake up so early in the morning for school. Not even that, Ethan caught a cold and his nose is a bit stuffy. My poor child, it's hard on him when he catches a cold. I have to monitor Ethan well so that this cold does not turn into an upper respiratory infection!

Today was an Autumn festival for Ethan's class. I volunteered to help set up and to work on a bean bag throwing station. It was so cold but the children appeared to have had a wonderful time. My little monkey loved the noodle station ~ he loved how it felt but more so, he loved eating them! Did I mention that Ethan loves noodles ~ all types? Ethan also loved to throw the bean bags! He's really strong and is pretty accurate in his throw! Ethan loves to throw things anyways and I've allowed for Ethan to practice on his aim ~ he is quite good if I say so myself! Maybe we can put Ethan as a pitcher on a baseball team! We finally finished at eleven so I left for Ethan to have his lunch before having to return to pick him up. We had a conference scheduled for one o'clock so I just waited to meet with his teacher.
Marisa came home at around four fifteen. We took her Homecoming dress to be measured & to have it altered. We ended up at Chuckie Cheese at Dulles Town Center for dinner. I've been wanting to bring my children there so that we could celebrate Ethan's birthday. Marisa was going to a football game but ended up not going. I was glad because I wanted for her to spend some time with me and Ethan. We went to my cousin's house to pick up my jewelry but only his daughter was home. It's been so long since we've seen them so I just wanted to drop by and say hello. We all have our lives and our children to tend to so I understand how busy life gets. I just wanted them to know that I was thinking of them and missed them!

My husband returned home from work but did not have the keys to get into the house. We rushed home and by the time we arrived, Ethan was fast asleep. I know that he'll be asking for his daddy in the morning ~ he always does that when he doesn't get to see his daddy before going to bed! All quiet on the home front...my nose is stuffy so I guess I'll be joining my son in this land of sinus congestion!

No comments: