Thursday, October 7, 2010

Who said that turtles are slow?

It was such a beautiful day, made me forget how cold these past few days has been. Ethan has a fever again last night. He just finished his medication for an upper respiratory infection ~ I think that his body is still trying to fight something off.

Before heading off to school this morning, Ethan needed a little TLC from Marisa. Ethan's Marisa time! After being smothered by his big sister, Ethan needed to do his little dance. Finally, Ethan was ready for school! As usual, Van and I walked Ethan to his classroom. This time, it was a little different. Ethan hung his backpack & jacket on the coat rack. He then pushed me to leave the room. I gave him a hug and proceeded to leave when he tried to follow me. I know that he is testing us but it's great to see that he did not cry. My strong boy ~ mom and dad are so very proud of you!It's not helping too that the weather is so wacky! We found out too that Ethan's teachers are still taking the kids out to the playground even though it's been around 50 degrees outside! I've been putting a light jacket on Ethan but today, I had a heavier jacket for my baby. Of course, now that I am prepared for Ethan in the morning ~ the temperature rose to around 75 degrees today!
When Ethan was set free by the bus driver, I saw on his face pure excitement! Ethan was so happy to see me, plus he was so thrilled to be free. Once he set foot on the ground, he was off and running. I have to be very careful to not let him out of my sight because this little monkey is really quick! Ethan did not hesitate to roam around rather than getting in the car. When we were finished, we walked over towards the car and noticed a little turtle crossing the road. We watched this little turtle crossed the street in lightening speed! I wanted to pick it up but it was really fast too. Who said that turtles are slow ~ the little one that we saw today was Mr. Speedy!

After this little show, Ethan did not want to finish with his exploration. He wanted to go towards the pond, he wanted to find birds & to walk on the bike trail. I did not want to disappoint my sweetness so we took a moment to just enjoy. After all that's said and done...we ended up at home to relax until it was time to pick Marisa up from school.

We took Marisa to the DMV so that she could test for her learner's permit. Marisa was so disappointed that she missed one question on signage. It was an arrow pointing to the right with at speed limit of 35 ~ Marisa answered that it was an upcoming right curve with a speed limit of at least 35...sounds rational enough but it was incorrect. The correct answer was an upcoming right curve with a safe speed limit of 35! What the heck? Well, my baby is not giving up! She said that she'll be ready to take another test in a few weeks ~ she has to wait 15 days before she is able to retest. My darling Marisa, we know that you can do it! One thing that I must mention, Marisa told me that she has a 99% in Biology. SO FANTASTIC! She said that she was amazed too since she has never received this type of grade in science before. I told her that she could feel this way all the time because we know that she is so capable of attaining this! Van and I are very proud of our daughter ~ we know that she can do anything when she sets her mind to do it. WAY TO GO BABY!

We finished off today in a really high note even though Ethan is still feverish (taking him to the doctor in the morning), Marisa, Ethan and I were on cloud nine by the time we picked daddy up from work. Marisa had her Chipotle for dinner & I had "pad see ewe" with Ethan and daddy.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow! I can't believe Marisa is already testing to get her learner's!! Don't worry though, I failed the first time too. And, it was because I got one question wrong on the signage; it was probably on the same question as you!! LOL

Don't give up! You can do it, Marisa:)

Than4Keeps said...

Thanks Abby! Marisa failed on this one signage ~ a curve to the right with a speed limit of 30. Marisa selected a curve to the right with at least the speed limit of 30. The words "at least" threw her off...she thought that you could go slow or fast as long as you are under 30 but the correct answer was at most 30...which was weird. Go figure!