Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Random

Oh my gosh! It is so cold today and I don't have the car to go and pick Ethan up from the bus stop.My son and I were in bed so early last night. Ethan fell asleep at around seven and I followed right after. Of course, we did not wake up until 7:26 am! Yes, we've been late to school every single day this week. It's because it's so cold to get out of bed! Well, my children and I love to snuggle in bed when it's nice and cozy. Marisa, Ethan and I don't like it hot so when the weather is this nice, we like to take advantage of it.

This morning, we needed to drop Marisa off at school too. Marisa and Christina signed up for a HOPE club in school. I thought that that was a nice thing for Marisa to do. It's a volunteer club to work with local children with special needs. I'm so proud of my daughter for getting involved in our community but more so for wanting to work with special children.
My husband's been waiting for me these past few nights but I've been so tired that by the time he checks on me, I'm out like a light! I enjoy being able to talk with my husband in the evening when our children are in bed. Just getting updates on the day's events really helps us to be on the same page; however, my husband tends to have his own idea every now and then! Yes, we like to exchange ideas but my husband can be very stubborn, especially when it come to his daughter! With Ethan, he's not very concern because I have full range on him but with Marisa, he thinks that I'm too hard or too soft on her. For example, Marisa is grounded from asking us to take her places because of what she did on Columbus Day (will need to explain this later) but I was the one who asked about this Friday night's football game. It's a big game against Potomac Falls and she had asked permission since the beginning of school year. I asked if she still wanted to go...same with her homecoming. Now, Van doesn't think that we are really grounding our child if we still allow her to attend these events. I said that since we've agreed to these events way before she had gotten in trouble, it's only fair that we restrict her from future events that we have not permitted or agreed upon. It's hard because trust goes both ways. If Marisa can't trust us to keep our words, then we can't expect her to be as open with us about her feelings. I don't want us to be like other parents ~ playing these mind games. We either treat her with trust and respect or we don't. I don't like to manipulate any situation because life is too short to not be honest and upfront with our loved one. So since I've been able to ride into work with him, we've been able to discuss our ideas. I will be driving Marisa to the game and picking her up.

Ethan was in good spirit, as always when I picked him up from the bus stop. When we got home, I left him to watch his Thai videos and Toy Story videos on Youtube. My bad for doing so because Ethan made it snow in our kitchen! Yes, someone forgot to secure the cabinet where we keep our rice and Ethan decided that it was fine to play! Without hesitation, he gave me a big "cheese" so that I would not be upset with him. How could I? It was my fault for leaving him to write this blog! Never a dull moment in the Than home!

Can not wait for more random things to happen...with my children, we are always kept on our toes!

No comments: