Thursday, December 16, 2010

Too cold for a fire drill

This is Ethan's "tired so take me to bed look".
Wednesday ~ gosh, by seven o'clock in the evening, Ethan was ready for bed. By the time Marisa and I finished watching The Ghost Whisperer, Ethan was ready to go upstairs. Ethan called for daddy but I had to tell Ethan that daddy was on his way home. Ethan fell asleep by 8:07! Pretty sweet because I was able to work on another scarf. My hubby came into the room to let me know that Loudoun County School called to inform all parents that the school may be closed in the morning and to watch the news. It's a good thing that Ethan was asleep when Van came into the room. My baby boy is always rattled when his daddy is around...yes, they like to place rough together and it takes a while to get Ethan calm down for bed!

My sweet baby boy is drinking less milk but he loves his apple juice mixed with water. I love watching Ethan drink from a straw...most parents are not going understand how important this is to me. The struggles that a child may have in drinking thin liquid....boy, I don't wish this on anyone. Ethan aspirates on liquid; however, my baby has worked really hard to learn how to drink from an open cup and also through a straw. It's a BIG accomplishment because for a moment, Ethan's doctors had insisted that we put a G-tube on Ethan to help with his feeding. Thank goodness that we were able to encourage my baby boy to learn how to drink with thickened liquid.When I woke up this morning, it was already 7:20! I knew that we were going to be late to school, again. I turned on the news to check on the status of school closings and/or delays. With that, it took awhile to NOT find Loudoun County on the list of school closings and delays. I was bummed for a quick moment but I knew that being with other children is only going to help Ethan learn. By 8:30, I was finished with Ethan on his nebulizer and getting him dressed for school. Ethan made it hard for me to dress him since he was not ready to wake up and plus it was a bit chilly to be naked in the morning. When daddy came to help with Ethan, my little boy was ready to run downstairs!

We arrived late to school. What made us even more late to class was the fire drill. Thank goodness that we were there when this happened since we were able to help with getting Ethan out. It's hectic in Ethan's class so I'm glad that we were barely dropping our son off. Of course, while walking out into the cold air, I thought to myself of why would the school have a fire drill in a 20 degree weather. ??????Ethan looked confused when he saw that we were walking away from his classroom and that all of the kids were walking outside. When Ethan realized that we were not going to just leave, he was happy again. Well, he was happy having daddy carry him. Ethan was pretty content to have both of us there to walk him to class. I am so blessed for this opportunity to see my son's gleaming face every moment possible.

No comments: