Monday, December 6, 2010

Cold hands, lips, faces but warm heart

Oh my goodness...it is freezing out! It is so darn cold that my son's hands, lips and face were pretty cool to my touch. Ethan wasn't too thrilled to walk down the hallway into his class this morning. The reason why Ethan was so sluggish was because he was waiting on his daddy to walk with him. My husband had to stay in the car this morning because he dropped us off at the curb where the school bus entered...can't leave the car unattended. Ethan kept calling for his daddy but I had to keep nudging him to keep on walking. It was really hard for Ethan to hear me and anyone else since I have him so bundled up with the exception of wearing gloves and a ski mask! The teacher's assistance said that Ethan looked like an Eskimo...I for one thought that Ethan looked like a baby bear wandering in the woods. Yes, Ethan looked a little lost without his daddy by his side. Ethan kept calling for "daddthy"...this is how Ethan pronounces "daddy". Ethan makes every effort to stick his tongue out when he calls his father. We are working on this by telling Ethan that he does not have to stick out his tongue every time he calls for daddy.

Sparkled and zapped! My husband came to give me a kiss goodbye and to thank me for helping him with work. When his lips touched mine, I was zapped. Yes, it's magical when my husband is really gentle and romantic and I adore him so desperately. This time though, it was because of the friction between the carpet, my hair, his gloves, his jacket, the computer, my body and his. My husband's lips and face was really cold because he had just taken the trash out and had started his car. I'm not complaining, I'll take all the kisses that my husband has to offer when I least expect them.

Gosh, I remember when this happen to Ethan while he was giving me a kiss. My poor little monkey bear did not understand what had just happen to him. Ethan looked at me with a puzzled stare and all that I could do at the moment was give Ethan a big hug, a quick laughter, a tight squeeze, and another kiss. How was I going to explain the laws of science to this darling little boy? Ethan turned around and continued to play with his toys as if his world was just where it was suppose to be ~ love, laughter, hugs and kisses.

Oh yes, last night when I pulled Ethan's blanket and placed it on Ethan, I saw flashes of electrical sparks. Ethan doesn't like to have covers on him while he is sleeping but it got really cold last night and I was concern that Ethan would be cold too. This little monkey kicked all of the covers off of him while sound asleep...it was just me who was up wrestling with the idea of how to keep Ethan warm and comfortable even though I saw how peaceful my little baby was. A mother's job is never done even when the lights are off and the world is asleep.

No comments: