Friday, December 3, 2010

Snow!

It's seven o'clock this Friday evening and we saw snowflakes fluttering in the wind. Ethan and I were on our way home from Yai's and was just pulling into our neighborhood when I saw little specks of white flakes. At first glance, I thought that these flakes were little confetti so I looked at the temperature on the dashboard. The temperature registered at 37 degrees so I thought that it wasn't cold enough to snow. Never dawn on me to mention this to Marisa when she came outside to greet me and Ethan. Thank goodness that I have my daughter to help bring Ethan in...my back was hurting a bit. Marisa came outside with only her sweatpants and a tank top and no shoes ~ she then exclaimed how cold it was! Yes, my child is special...don't know why she did not think that it's going to be very cold out being that it's December and it's in the 30's!

Any how, Marisa wanted to go and check to see if she had received her learner's permit. Marisa was so excited since she found out that her friend had received his in the mail today. Of course I had checked the mailbox earlier and knew that she had received her permit but forgot to tell her when I called her. Marisa came into the house and told me that it was snowing...I guess it's cold enough.

My chunky monkey bear was really happy to walk to class today. Ethan was happy because daddy was there to drop him off. Ethan's teacher said that Ethan pinched a boy in class yesterday while they were playing with the train set. The teacher said that she left Ethan and the boy while she was having a one-on-one time with another child. She wasn't sure if the other child did something to make Ethan react the way that he did. The teacher said that she should have taken Ethan too but who knew? What am I going to do with Ethan? If I'm not with him to tell him that he's not allow to hurt someone else, how is he going to learn that it's not him that's bad but it's the BEHAVIOR that is not acceptable? My poor baby boy...my first reaction is to protect Ethan. My second is figuring out ways to help make Ethan understand that we love him but that it's the behavior that we are not happy with. Ethan's teacher was being kind by saying that she's noticed that Ethan is being very protective/guarded over his space and things ~ that Ethan is defending himself. Are we not giving Ethan enough attention? Are we not providing Ethan with everything that he is needing? Oh my goodness, I know that he is only three but I'm dreading that I'm not doing enough for my child because I have him in school rather than keeping him home.

Before leaving Ethan, I talked to him to try and explain that he must learn how to share or else he would not be able to play with the train set. I also told Ethan that he must be a good boy and that I love him. Ethan answered "yes, yes" and smiled at me. Now, I don't know if Ethan understood what I was trying to tell him but I was hoping that he does.
When I returned to pick Ethan up at school, the teacher said that Ethan is doing better. He had some difficulties but nothing bad as pushing and pinching another child. Okay...I need to keep on top of this...Ethan is going to have to learn how to play with other kids. My husband and I have already discussed this issue with Marisa. Of course, while typing this little page...I can hear Marisa screaming "NO" at Ethan...and "OW". Have to go and check on my two babies...Marisa, at times, doesn't realize that Ethan is much, much, much younger than she. Music to my earns when I hear Marisa bickering with her brother...I know how much she loves Ethan...but I love it too when she becomes the baby. Yes, if I can freeze these moments, I would forever.

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

I hope it all snows now and we don't get any in January! Ethan is too cute. He is learning everyday and while you can't be there 24 hrs to watch him, other's are put in his life to help teach him too. You guy are great parents to him because you show him unconditional love :)