Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday, not in the mood

Ethan and I feel asleep at 8:03 last night. Loudoun County Schools were delayed for two hours but I kept Ethan home with me. Ethan was a little feverish and has a runny nose so I wanted to keep him in from the blistering cold. By six o'clock, Ethan was ready for bed even though he was struggling to stay up to wait on his daddy. I kept calling for Van but his phone went straight to the answering machine. I spoke to him briefly at around four but since he was in Maryland, he was not supposed to be on the phone while driving so he said that we would call later. Ethan and I just waited around for Marisa to return home from school. Ethan did not want to drink his milk nor eat anything. My baby's face was red and his nose was too. Poor Ethan, I hope that he is not in pain.

Thursday, the school was closing two hours early due to the snow. I asked the teachers to put Ethan on the bus because it would make things much easier and safer for Ethan. Van and I waited at the bus stop for a long time. We did not know what was going on or whether the teachers got confused about sending Ethan on the bus. I tried calling the school but the phone was busy. I figured that it would be very hectic for them since this was the first “snow early closures”. We headed to the school and saw Ethan's bus was still waiting on the children. I got out to ask one of the mom if something was wrong. She said that when the schools have early dismissals, the children don't get to leave until 12:45. I had no idea...was really worried that something had happened. Van and I went into Ethan's classroom to pick him up. Our boy was so thrilled to see us and I was even more excited to see him.

Saturday ~ it actually was really sunny out. Ethan got up early, 3:15 am! I did not want Van to have to stay up with our son because of work so I ended up going downstairs with Ethan. Ethan was having difficulties sleeping because of his stuffy nose. We were downstairs watching a movie but Ethan was calling for his sister. I don't think he realized that it was still dark out and that it was still sleeping time. I tried to stay awake but by five o'clock, I was ready to go back to sleep. I pretended to sleep so that Ethan could close his eyes. By the time I woke up at six, Ethan was sleeping right next to me under the Christmas tree. I was too tired to look for a camera but this image in itched into my mind so I hope to not forget! Van came downstairs at around seven to go and do his deliveries. I did not realized that my husband had turn down the heat...while I was sleeping, I noticed how cold it was getting and all along, my husband was the one who did it. Thank goodness that Ethan slept for a bit longer and by the time Marisa woke up, we were ready to head on out to Yai's house.

Although I was not in the mood to go shopping, I had to take grandma to the Korean and Vietnamese grocery stores. She wanted to get all of the food ready for her Christmas dinner and also to have some food for the week. I left Ethan with Marisa, Ashley and Thida since he was not feeling well to be out and about. We were on the road at 2:56 and by the time we arrived at the store, it was close to 3:30! Thida called to see where we were since the girls left already. Thida had an appointment with Mina at four so we ended up having to rush back home. Thida called back at around 4:06 to let me know that Celina was home and that I did not need to rush home but it was already too late...I was on Backlick Road and was about ten minutes out. I miss my son any which way and was glad that I could come home to see him. When I walked into the house, Ethan was so happy to see me. My joy...he is such a sweet boy.

No comments: