Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Homemade

My, my, my...it's so blistering cold out! Although Ethan stayed home from school yesterday, I had to take him to Children's Hospital for his speech. By noon, Ethan was feeling better and since we've missed all of his sessions in November, I didn't want Ethan to miss any opportunities with his therapist.Tuesday, we headed out of the house at around 12:45 and the wind seemed to have picked up a bit. It was so cold and it was really hard to carry my big boy into the car. This is when I really missed having my husband and my daughter with me...it was difficult to juggle all the stuff that I had. When we arrived at the office, I bundled Ethan up so that he would not be so cold. My boy started to cry and made a loud squeal because he was really covered from head to toe! I used one of my jackets as a blanket to block the wind but it really didn’t help much. I think that Ethan was more upset because he was not able to see the world under all the coverings.

It took Ethan a while to get reacquainted with his therapist. Thank goodness that it only took Ethan a few minutes to feel comfortable and I was fine to leave him. While I waited for my baby boy, I started on Marisa's scarf. I was half way through knitting Marisa her scarf the way that she had asked but then she decided last night that it was too wide. Now mind you that I’ve already told her that she did not need the scarf to be wide but she insisted that that’s what she wanted. My daughter, she always wants to test things out before she “knows” something to be true. I had to redo the whole thing but I was happy to. I just wanted to make certain that she was happy with the scarf since we spent a long time finding the "perfect" color for her.

After Ethan’s appointment, we went to pick Marisa up from school. She had to stay after for English so Ethan and I waited around. What was cute was when I saw Marisa; she was wearing the hat that I made for Ethan. I had offered to make one for Marisa but she said that she’s not a hat person. She asked for me to make a scarf instead. Seeing the hat on her, I told her how cute it was and that I could make her one too. I told my daughter that I would make a matching set for her…she was pretty happy and said thank-you mommy. Marisa also said that she had received a lot of compliments at school on the hat. Marisa said that her friends were surprised to find out that it was homemade. One of her friend asked Marisa to ask me to make her a scarf too.

Today, I finally finished with Marisa’s scarf but I just needed to double check with Marisa on the length. I’m going to start on a new scarf for my husband, he requested for a “manly” looking scarf. After this, I will start on another scarf for Marisa’s friend before getting a chance to work on Marisa’s hat.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I love homemade things!!! If you have time, I would love a hat:) It looks so cute on Ethan. I really want to get Marisa's skirt done, but sadly my sewing machine got jammed so I need to take it in!!! It's frustrating, but I will get it done. I found the perfect fabric for Marisa, and luckily Macey likes it too (so they will match).