Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tarzan

Ethan is feeling a bit better but still has a little runny nose. It's rainy today but it is a really nice day to watch Ethan play. Ethan wanted to read books with me so we started off with Tarzan ~ one of the books that Abby and Logan got for Ethan last year for Christmas. Ethan loves pretending to be Tarzan by pounding his chest and yelling "ah-ee-ah". Yes, mommy taught Ethan how to be Tarzan. Ethan also likes to ROAR like the leopard in the story but he roared so loud & his mouth is wide open that he sometimes would bite down on my lips! It's fine though, I love to see Ethan so animated and so happy! When we see the chimpanzees in the book, Ethan would make his monkey sound "eee-eee-eee-ahh-ahh-ahh-ooo-ooo", just too adorable to describe in writing. Moments like this, I want to capture on film but it's hard to do everything at once.Ethan also thought that it would be nice to empty some boxes in the sun room so that he could hide in them. Great imagination! He likes climbing into boxes, but this one, he wanted to close it up. I guess Ethan was trying to play hide-and-seek with mommy!
We also sang "do, re, mi"... one of my favorite songs from my childhood. Ethan thought that it was funny when I did "fa ~ a long long way to run". But by teaching Ethan this song, I hope to help him with learning "me, me, me"... his speech therapist wanted me to teach Ethan the words "mine & me". It's hard to teach him this because I don't want Ethan to be spoiled or selfish. From what I've witnessed, Ethan is so giving! Sometimes too giving. When he wants to give you a hug and a kiss, he will be very forceful until he is able to give them. It's cute but I know that we have to be careful when he is with others. I wish that more people could be like Ethan, very innocent, very sweet, very empathetic, and very pure. Other children will push & pull. As I've watched Ethan play with other children, I see how giving he is. He would let other children go in front of him, he would try to comfort someone when he saw them crying, he would hug someone just to say hello. I know it's wishful thinking to hope that others are more like Ethan ~ I know that this is how we should strive to be. Like I've mentioned before, Ethan is a great teacher. I hope that this world will not spoil Ethan or take his innocence away. That's why I ended up singing "you are my sunshine" to Ethan ~ he is my little sunshine! And of course, we ended up playing Simon says...Ethan loves to show off and I'm so proud that he knows the major body parts "hands, nose, toes, stomach, head, eyes, ears, lips, hair, butt, knees, etc." and directions "run, dance, jump, sit". I am in awe with my son! I just can't get enough of him ~ my heart is overjoy to be such a witness to God's creation! Thank you for giving me this greatest blessing!

No comments: