Thursday, September 9, 2010

Seesaw

Good morning sunshine!

Today was a good day for Ethan or so I'm told. He was happy when I picked him up but Dr. Neely asked if Ethan was sensitive. I asked her why? She said that today was coloring day and Ethan started on the walls. Dr. Neely told Ethan not to draw on the walls and he just started to tear up! Yes, we've said "NO" to Ethan on several occasions but always with a smile. Saying good-bye to daddy!

When I was very stern with him (pretending to be upset, of course)...all that Ethan would do is smile at me and then he would give me a hug and a kiss. When you try to pull away, he pulls you back and then smother his face into your face with both hands hold on tight to our heads! Yes, Ethan gets away with many things. How could I continue to stay stern with Ethan especially when he is just too sweet? I know, I know, I know. BUT our lives are made even more Special just because of Ethan!

Ethan will need to learn from somebody else besides Van, Marisa, and me. Even when Ya (grandmother in Thai) said no to Ethan, she would always end up carrying Ethan all over the place! She said that she just wants to bite him! Ethan is so loved...it tickles me to imagine how any one of us could discipline Ethan with a straight face.

Just like riding on a seesaw...up and down...yesterday, Ethan had a sad moment without mommy but today, it is good knowing that he was okay in school. My heart can beat just a little better and I can breath a little easier ;-)

1 comment:

Abby said...

love the pictures!