Saturday, September 11, 2010

Laugh, Love & Treasured Moments

Have you ever heard this? "What's love got to do with it?" My response is that LOVE is not just a word that can be thrown around so easily, like empty promises...LOVE is just a four letter word if used as a salutation...I believe that actions speaks louder than words! Others, I believe thinks that by saying "I love you" a thousand times a day & not make any efforts to back up these words are truly clueless.
LOVE should be the simple & subtle things that happens on a daily basis. Don't take me the wrong way, it's always nice to hear "I love you" every possible moment , but having these treasured "unspoken" moments have shown me what true love should ultimately be.

LOVE have transpired from so many unspoken words ~ events, moments, and acts in my life. I've witnessed what it means to truly LOVE from the following: having my prayers answered in the gift of motherhood, being blessed with two precious children who watches over each other, having faith that Ethan was especially chosen to be MY angel, experiencing childhood through Marisa's and Ethan's eyes is pure bliss, seeing through their eyes life's possibilities~ so full of wonders, so full of innocence & so full of hope, experiencing Ethan's contagious smiles & empathetic spirit, having a daughter whom I adore with all of my heart, having a son who lights up my world, needing my husband & my children like needing the air that I breath, having a husband who makes me laugh & yes, sometimes cry, having free will to do what is right, having my niece & husband by my side & having them take me to my doctors when I was on bed rest during my pregnancy, having the courage to stand up for what's right & not for what's popular, having family & friends ~ for supporting us through our uncertain times when Ethan was born, having the opportunities to hold & keep Ethan warm up against my chest when he was a few hours old because he was unable to regulate his temperature, having the energy to pump milk for Ethan so that he could drink while being stuck in the incubator in the NICU, feeling the closeness of having Ethan's tiny fingers wrapped around my index finger while I held him in the NICU, having my husband hold & tell me that everything would be okay, watching a careful kiss that Marisa gave to her baby brother when she came to visit at the hospital, having my husband home with our daughter so that I could be with Ethan during his hospital stay (NICU at birth and PICU at around 8 months old), having my husband ~ strong & protective, having the support of a dear a friend~ who is more my sister than she would ever know (who said that you need to have thousands of friends when one can make a difference?), being able to have a whole hearted laughter that makes Ethan stared in confusion, a long embrace like I've been missed for an eternity, a shy little kiss that makes our daughter say "ooohhhh-ahhhh-noooo", hearing Ethan's laughter when he is playing with Marisa & daddy, admiring my daughter when she teaches her brother new words, feeling a sense of accomplishments when I see in Marisa's & Ethan's eyes pure joy & happiness, knowing that my sister & her family have us in their prayers, having the opportunity to spend time in Thailand, having others consider our Marisa's & Ethan's feelings ~ remembering how we've considered them when they were young, and teaching our children by setting an example ~ even though we are not perfect ~ our children knows that we have their best interest at heart!

LOVE is a grin on my face because my husband & my children are enjoying their ice-cream, my heart's delight when Ethan said "I wove ooouuu" with a great big SMILE & a hug, cuddle time with my baby Marisa ~ even though she is taller than me & feels that she's too old to cuddle, combing Marisa' s hair just because she likes how it feels, putting eye makeup on Marisa because we wanted to experiment, when Marisa told me that she likes how I wake her up in the morning ~ unlike how her dad does, playing a game of who gets to be in the middle when we are all in our bed ~ Marisa and Ethan learned to share...Marisa on daddy's side & Ethan on mommy's side but both are still in the middle, my husband remembering our promise that we've made so many years ago ~ for keeps, having family get together & seeing their unconditional love for my children, knowing that I have someone who has my back no matter what, having my mother make me comfort food from what she's made when I was a child, having my sister treasure my children as much as I treasured hers, Ethan jamming to Thai country music without missing a beat ~ a child after our hearts, seeing how Marisa shares her love of music with her brother ~ even though Ethan bite her headphone, holding Ethan to sleep & waking up to see his smiley face, reading stories to Ethan & having him so mesmerized, hearing Van & Marisa asked "what is Ethan saying or signing" ~ only a mother knows what their own child is saying, seeing goodness & pure joy through Marisa's & Ethan's eyes ~ no substitutions!
LOVE is kind, LOVE is free, LOVE is unconditional, LOVE is selfless, LOVE is never wanting others to be in pain, LOVE is never having to ask, LOVE is given & not taken, LOVE is precious, LOVE is a feeling & not just a word, LOVE is doing with no expectations, LOVE is laughter wrapped up in a yellow box, LOVE is not having to say "I LOVE YOU" every moment, LOVE is being able to have a bad day & it's okay, LOVE is never asking someone to change , LOVE is doing what is right rather than what is popular, LOVE protects, LOVE never restricts, LOVE is home, LOVE is never having to promise, LOVE is Marisa's & Ethan's smiles, LOVE is family, LOVE is eternal. LOVE is Ethan, LOVE is Marisa, LOVE is Van, LOVE is me, and LOVE is God.


Life is very brief but I'm so thankful for these treasured moments ~ so this is LOVE ;-)

No comments: