Tuesday, May 29, 2012

To the men & women


With every holiday, I can't help but reflect on what each celebration has meant to me.  The ultimate reason that brings me to this conclusion is that every holiday that we’ve celebrated, it's the "family" unity that I most valued.

This past weekend, especially, on Monday as the nation remember the ultimate sacrifices that our men & women have made in order for us to continue to enjoy the freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.  I am humbled and at a loss for words by just thinking of how profound these men & women have made such a huge impact in my life.  My life would not be without their dedication, integrity, selflessness, and honor.

Coming from a war torn country of Laos as a refugee, I was too young to understand how brave it was for strangers to dedicate their lives to ensure that life prevails.  Thank you!


I thank God for these men & women who not only are fighting for freedom & democracy (or have fought for) but for also giving us every possibility to live our lives with every opportunity to succeed without fear.  I’m forever grateful…

No comments: