Saturday, May 19, 2012

Extraordinary Gift of Motherhood


 
 Extraordinary Privilege posted on May 19, 2011.  Not only has it been an extraordinary privilege, but it's been an extraordinary blessing to be their mother.  It hasn’t been easy but nothing worth having ever come easy.  

My husband said that I am a great mother…if you know my husband, he’s not a man with many flowery words but coming from him, it’s definitely a huge compliment.  What he meant was that he knows how much I love our children & that I would do the very best for them.  I told him that he too was a wonderful father…yes, we were in one of those mood.  Every now and then, I just love to take a step back to just savor each precious moment & reflect on our accomplishments.  No, our accomplishments are our children.  They are our reflection of the love & dedication that both my husband and I have promised one another…seeing how much our children treasure one another only makes our hearts even more content (if one can be more than just content). 

Being a mother is a gift that most women take for granted.  I am so thankful that I was given this opportunity…to learn, to grow, to love, and to get as close to heaven as possible on earth.  I don’t want to sound like a broken record or that it’s a cliché; however, without some of the extraordinary women in my life, I would not have known what was best “to do or not to do” as a mother. 

No comments: