Thursday, May 19, 2011

Extraordinary Privilege


My dear son, I am profoundly at awe by how remarkably resilient you are!  After fighting an ear infection and strep throat and having to endure two days in the emergency room, your spirit never broke.  Although you were really tired yesterday and your body was fighting a fever of 105, you still found the strength to give mommy kisses on her wrapped injured arm.  Am I not the luckiest mom in the world?

Ethan, you are so brave and your sweet spirit serves as a guiding light for me to continue to stay strong and to be positive.  You are but only three; however, your sweet disposition and attitude through all this is an indication of your maturity and your unconditional love for mommy.  Your irrepressible laughter during these tough moments and every moment in between is music to mommy’s ears.  Although mommy should be the person to comfort you when you are not feeling well; you undoubtedly took on this responsibility with open arms.  Your tender whole hearted hugs just takes mommy’s breath away and I whole heartedly love you.

You are perfection, an answer to mommy’s prayers.  You are the culmination of everything that is good and loved in this world.  How fortunate for me that I was chosen to be your mother!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Still smiling after a visit with his doctor!

No comments: