Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday without my children


A loud thump woke me up this morning.  It was difficult to be in deep sleep especially when I have to be up early to meet my mother-in-law this morning!  I hate having this anxiety of knowing that I have to be somewhere & then I would panic because I don’t want to be late or make others wait for me.  I kept waking up every hour to check the time even though the alarm was already set for me to be up by seven.  My husband stumbled out of bed and causes a huge commotion when he tripped on our laundry basket.  I was afraid that it would wake my baby up so I jumped out of bed looking like a crazy woman!  My hair was all over the place & my mind was racing since I thought that I was late!  He turned around & asked why I was up so early.  I thought that I extremely late but when I looked up at the blurry display screen on our alarm clock, it was only 6:30…two hours before my meeting!

I went downstairs to gather my daughter up from her sleep.  It was too early to take my children with me so I left my daughter to watch her baby brother.  I arrived with plenty of time to spare & it was great because it allowed me to read my book.  I’m reading one of Amy Tan’s books while I’m able to…with some “free” moments without my children; I have to take advantage of this.  I’ve been rejuvenated & ready to take on the rest of the day!

When I finally was able to see my children again, we ended up having Pho for lunch.  It was great to see them, especially, when they were able to bond without me being with them, even for a short time.  It’s nice to see how much my baby boy adores his big sister.  It’s even better when I see how much my oldest is able to care for her baby brother without me urging her on.  Thank you to you both for allowing mommy this day to help Yai with her needs & not let mommy worry about your well being. 

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

It's so awesome how your kids have such a great bond!

BTW, I love Amy Tan books! I've read all of them.