Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lonesome Wednesday


 Yes, we are attempting to have Ethan back in school.  The last time Ethan attended school (5/2/2011), he ended up being hospitalized!  My husband and Ethan’s grandmother are reluctant for me to send Ethan back.  For my son’s sake, I must give him all of the opportunities without the fear of him getting sick again.  Maybe I’m being unreasonable, but I know that being with other children is really a great benefit to Ethan.

Now, I’m lonely without my son.  I miss watching him jump around like a rabbit.  I miss seeing him dancing and trying to copy what he is seeing on “So you think you can dance”.  I miss him telling me “mom, eat” and calling for me every waking moments.  I miss him come up at random to kiss and hug me.  I miss how his eyes light up and his face gleams when he hears his Thai songs.  I miss him ask for his sister and his daddy every time he sits on my lap.  I miss him saying “no” when I ask him questions.  I miss putting him on the potty and watching him swings his legs back and forth.  I miss him putting the toilet paper into the commode before flushing the toilet. I miss him helping me rearrange the house even though it is not required.  I miss him taking all of the pictures that I’ve already organized to be put in the album out on the floor and looking at them one by one.  I miss him asking for a book and then attempting to read on his own.  Ethan doesn’t like it when I try to help with “pronunciations”.  Even Marisa woke up this morning an asked where her brother was.  I told her that he was in school and we both smiled at each other.  Yes, this house would not be a home without our darling Ethan!

Monday, 6/6/11 ~ while sitting in the waiting room to have Ethan’s blood drawn, he truly amazed me with his courage and genuinely sweet temper.  It took an hour sitting in the waiting room before being called.  Ethan did not fuss but rather, he entertained everyone who was waiting just as long as we did.  He was reciting his alphabet as best as he could…yes, Ethan recognizes a lot of letters such as “A, B, C, E, I, M, N, O, P, U, etc.”  He was also counting his fingers and toes…un, two, tree, four, ive, ix, nine, ten.  Of course, when I tried to correct him…he said “mommmmmm”.  My boy is feisty and did not want any help to say his ABC’s and 1,2,3’s.  During this time, Ethan was saying bye and hi to everyone who walked passed him! 

Ethan had about twelve little vials of blood drawn and he did not cry a bit.  Now, he did wiggle like a worm because he was held against his will but he made mommy really proud with how well he handled himself!

One more hour before Ethan is home.  I just can’t wait to see my pure joy and hold my perfect boy in my arms!

No comments: