Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wondrous Wednesday

Perfect day to stay cuddled up because it’s nice & cool in comparison to those hot, hot, hot days that we’ve had last week.

I woke up at 6:15 this morning looking for my hubby.  He was up & out of the house already & it was making my heart shivered up a bit not being able to say good-bye to him.  He came home a bit earlier last night to see Ethan and Marisa before bedtime.  He also wanted to catch up with me but I was so tired and pressed to put Ethan to bed on time.  I just didn’t want our Ethan to be tired in the morning nor be tired for school.  I really made a conscious effort to wake up early today to have some me time with my husband.  Within minutes of looking out the window & sitting down on this computer, I heard the front door open.  My heart was fluttering with excitement as I ran downstairs to greet my husband.  I was so thrilled to have a second chance to tell him how much I love & appreciate him & for him to have a great day.  I gave him a long hug & a kiss; then we walked upstairs to see Ethan in his deep sleep.  He asked why I was up so early, I told him that I just wanted to see him especially when I wasn’t able to spend any time with him last night.  We stood in our room watching our baby boy peacefully sleeping ~ we both looked at each other & smiled.  Speechless, yes, we are amazed with our boy!  We are so proud that we both have this opportunity to watch in amazement.  My husband gave me a hug that almost broke my back before heading down the stairs.  Part of me wanted him to stay a bit longer so that his son could greet him but since he has to work far today, I didn’t want to be selfish.

Last night, of course putting Ethan to bed while daddy was swinging him around was a great indication that sleep was not happening.  I’ve asked my husband to not get Ethan so wound up around bedtime but there is no stopping Ethan from playing with his daddy!  I kept nudging my husband to go & have dinner & to spend time with Marisa.  I really want us to spend more time with Marisa since she is growing up too quickly.  I know that she’s been missing her dad & wants “me” time with him too.  Ethan wanted to show daddy some of his dance moves ~ twirling, spinning on his head, wiggling his tush, somersaults (head rolls), leg extensions, and clapping.  Ethan newly discovered that if he put his head down on the floor & pushes long enough, he would flip over.  Imagine my nerves as I watched Ethan imitates the “So You Think You Can Dance” dancers.  I watched in awe as to how fast he learned or figured things out by himself.  After flipping over about ten times, Ethan had just enough of this move & then turned to twirling.  I hate having to stop Ethan because I was afraid that he would get dizzy but no…he proceeded with such grace & joy.  I was amazed that he did not fall from spinning around like a merry-go-round.  Ethan was ecstatic to find something fun to do!  I was in heaven hearing his laughter & seeing the joy that dancing has brought him.  I did not want to prevent Ethan from displaying his skills to his daddy…I knew how proud it would make my husband to see how much his son is capable of doing.  I know how proud I am of Ethan for each and every day!

By 7:15, gave Ethan time to get ready for school.  It took awhile since it was a bit cool but once Ethan got into the car, he was ready for the day!  While walking in the hallway towards his class, Ethan spread out his arms and did his twirl.  All of this with a smile on his face!   Ethan gave all of his teachers a great big hug & waved at every student that passes by.  Ethan walked into his class & took off his jacket & backpack.  He went & placed them on the pegs against the wall.  He then proceeded to the computer to play on “Bailey’s”.  I gave my baby a kiss on his head and said for him to be good, to have a great day, and that mommy loves him.  Ethan glanced up upon my face & I loved seeing the confidence in his eyes.  The look of “mommy, I’ll miss you too but I’ll be fine & for you to have a great day too”.  Marisa just said “bye mommy” as she is heading out the door for school.  I told her to have a good day & that I would see her later.  It’s going to be a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: