Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday - disco music

OMG ~ if Ethan wasn't this stinking sweet, I would have trashed the electric piano/keyboard that he just loves to death.  Anything that is musical stops Ethan in his track. I love watching him dance around in circles and stomping his feet with such determination.  His elated face, his glimmering eyes, his million dollar smile, his pure joy...how can I not want him to have his music?

On any other day, it would be fine for Ethan to blast this thing so that our neighbors may enjoy the sound of music.  Today, I'm not feeling very well.  My head hurts, my back aches, and my tummy were not feeling too good.  My first thought was, wow, wouldn't it be great if I was pregnant again?  It would be a perfect miracle, of course, since are hearts and arms are always open for another baby.  

Today, Marisa noticed that Ethan used another new word.  He said for her to "go".  Of course, Ethan knows how to use the word "stop" but he just recently learned to put his right arm up & his palm spread open to indicate for us to stop while shouting the word "stop".  In addition, Ethan uses the word "eat" and signing too when he is hungry.  I'm so proud that Ethan is making great efforts to communicate with us!  I can't wait until he is able to complete a whole sentence without hesitations.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh, new words are such wonderful things!!! Great job, Ethan!!

Sorry you're not feeling well, though! Happy 4th!