Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dance, Eat & Lots of Love



Saturday, 7/27/2011 ~ We were so pumped to get things started!  I was really excitted that my family was heading to DC to help celebrate National Dance Day.  My husband was up to the task of driving...by the time we headed out, traffic was so unbelievable!  We ended up making a detour to The Cheesecake Factory to help celebrate the national cheesecake day.  I'm glad that my husband and children were amenable to the switch...it was way too HOT to be trying those dance moves at THE MALL...maybe next year (that's what I said last year).
 
Sunday, 7/28/2011 ~ I thanked my husband for being such a good sport yesterday.  Ethan woke up and continued his play with daddy from last night.  Oh yes, my husband raced against Ethan to an arm chair in our bedroom.  Not realizing that he is soooo much bigger than Ethan,  they ran so hard that my poor baby missed the chair  (leather portion) and landed on the wooden portion.  Ethan now has a golf size bump on his forehead.  Way to go daddy!  I'm just amazed that Ethan could just pick himself up, dust himself off, gather kisses from all of us and then go on his way as if nothing could keep him down.  I am a proud mommy even though I scolded my husband for playing so hard with Ethan.  What a mother to do?  I have a husband who is still a child at heart...I have a child who loves to play rough with his daddy...I have a daughter who is able to comfort her brother...I have a heart that is unbearable to seeing my baby in pain.  Yes, boys will be boys!

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Wasn't national cheesecake day just devine?! It was so yummy!! Hope Ethan's bump goes down. But you are right, boys will be boys. I guess I should prepare myself for that too!