Friday, July 8, 2011

Road Trip

Ethan was up pretty early again this morning.  Ethan was a bit saddened because he did not see his daddy before going to bed last night nor did he see his daddy when he woke up.  Ethan gave me a hug but I could see in his eyes that he was wondering where his daddy was.  Ethan stumbled to the computer room looking for daddy but of course, no such luck.  Ethan brushed his teeth & I got him dressed for school. 

Ethan’s summer school teachers are Mr. Bob, Ms. Ronnie, and Ms. Debbie.  They are really great!  I’ve been told that Ethan is such a sweet little boy & listens well.  They also said that he is really independent & is very active.  I’m glad that it did not take him very long to get acclimated with the teachers nor with the new routine.
 
Marisa and I went to get Ethan a little bit early since we were taking a little road trip to visit my mother in Maryland.  It’s been a while since we’ve seen her and also it was a great opportunity for my children to see their baby cousins.
 
The ride to Baltimore wasn’t too bad.  Marisa and I talked about so many things & Ethan was busy listening to his music.  One thing that I told Marisa was that I wish that I could live forever.  I know that it’s a silly wish but I just don’t want to miss being with my children for always.  I told Marisa that she should always remember how much she is treasured by both me and her daddy.  I know how difficult it was for me growing up without a father.  I feel so blessed to be able to watch my children grow up strong and confident.    I know that we love and adore them with every breath that we take!

When we pulled up to the house, Ethan said “Thu”, which translates to grandmother.  I’m so amazed of how Ethan recognizes this place even though we rarely come to visit (maybe twice in one year).  Thu comes to visit us in Virginia more so than us going up to Baltimore. 

It was great seeing my children with my mother and their cousins.  Ethan and Madison measured themselves up against a wall.  Marisa carried Annabella around and kept wishing that Ethan was as light as she.  My mother was thrilled that she’s going to New York this weekend and I was thrilled just treasuring these moments.

On our drive back to Virginia, thank goodness that Ethan fell asleep.  The storm was amazing and the traffic was exhausting!  It took us forever to return home but at least Ethan had a really nice nap.

No comments: