Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Random thought - Just Do It!



My dearest Marisa and Ethan,

Friday, 6/22/2012:       I think mommy has too much time on mommy's hands if I can sit here & watch the clock ticking by.  It's the start of another hot summer day, which makes it really hard to get a jump start on the day.  HOWEVER, when you get to be my age, you will want to take in every moment that you have to do what you want to do.  Even if you don't have any idea on what you want to do for the day, sometimes the best thing in life is the "unplanned" stuff just like yesterday!

Daddy decided to make his work day short.  He came home & spent the rest of the hot summer day with us.  It was really funny when all four of us lay laughing in the bed while Ethan tried to decide on which "middle" he wanted to take.   Your brother was quite smart when he decided to squeeze on top of you to be smack in the middle.  Marisa, do you remember how you've always said that being in between mommy and daddy was YOUR spot?  I love watching how you and Ethan try really hard to be THE one in between mommy and daddy.  Hearing you, daddy & your brother laugh just made my day!  Although it was hard to leave the comfort of an air conditioned home, we ventured out to make more memories.  It started out with you driving for once while we are all together!  Daddy sat in the back with Ethan & mommy was your guide.  Without a plan of where to go or what to do, you just drove.

Our 1st stop was Chick-fil-A for your cookies & cream milk shake & Ethan’s French fries.  Daddy did not get a treat since he had fallen asleep.  When he finally woke up, we were in Manassas on our way to Potomac Mills.  He asked if we were near a Chick-fil-A.  Ahem, you snooze, so you lose!  Daddy asked how could anybody sleep with mommy talking non-stop.  Hey, I was giving directions & keeping Ethan company…. He mimicked mommy’s directions “100 lights from now, you have to take a right & make sure when you have a chance to move to the right lane to do so & oh did you give a signal so that you could move to this lane & do you want some French fries, mommy can get them for you, don’t be too close to the other car”…what the heck?  Me?  A back seat driver?  Not a chance…it’s difficult to have you or your daddy drive because I’m always the person to give directions.  It would be super when you are able to familiarize yourself with the area…now, if only I can get your daddy to do the same.

Random thought ~ Oh yes, I love it when mommy pick a piece of clothing for you to try on; you would always hesitate & at times would say “no”.  I’m not too old that my taste in clothes is not up to par!  But oh, to have your daddy picked the same outfit for you to try on; you would gleam from ear to ear.  What’s up with that?  

You know what though; I am extremely happy that you are that close to your daddy.  I remember what it was like to believe that your daddy is the entire world to you.  This helps to remind me of how much I loved & adored my daddy too.  Although he passed away since I was ten years old, I still remember the feelings that I had experienced when my daddy was around.  Watching you & daddy has really helped mommy to continue to have such fond memories of your grandfather.  Thank you!

I guess driving around town doesn’t bother your daddy much when he knows that it’s for you.  From Woodbridge, we ended up at the Eden Center in Falls Church.  We just had to finish off the day with bubble drinks.  By the time we returned home, your brother had had an hour nap before his bedtime & mommy ended up having to stay up with him until two am when he finally was ready to go to bed!

The point of this message, my darlings is that sometimes you just can’t plan life…just do it and see where life will take you!

No comments: