Monday, May 2, 2011

Let's try again

Ethan's first day back to school after a long needed rest.  Now, mommy can have her long needed rest too!  How can I rest when at times I can hear Ethan call for me?  No, I'm not going crazy.  I miss my little man running around the house and calling for me every possible chance.  I miss seeing his glistering eyes and gleaming smiles.  I miss his laughter and him asking for "BOB BOB" and "BELL" in such an innocent tone.  I’m going to miss seeing/hearing Ethan say another amazing word out of the blue and then celebrating with him like crazy when he repeats the word.  Like “BAG” and “SHOES” and “FEET” and “UN, TWO, TREE, ORR, IVE” and “CHEESE” and “BABY”.  Oh yes, Ethan loves calling his big sister “BABY” since this seems to get her attention more so than “SA SA”.

We've been so fortunate to have Ethan's teacher come to our home to teach him while he was home-bound.  It's been nice for the past two months, actually, to have a one-on-one session with his teacher.  I was most amazed that Ethan sat at the kitchen table for one whole hour with his teacher.  It's difficult to have Ethan sit still for longer than half an hour, with the exception of watching Spongebob.

My TO DO list includes but not limited to:
1.   laundry ~ from eight this morning until now, I've been able to do four loads...GO MOM!
2.  clean up the living room ~ putting away Ethan's toys, blankets, and shoes...until my helper return home and undo what I've just put away.
3.  watched the news about the most historic event - the death of the monster who was responsible for 9/11.
4.  make an appointment to take our car in for an oil change, minor tune ups, replace light bulbs and an inspection.
5.  need to make it to Costco to print over 1,000 random pictures.  Oh yes, my sister-in-law asked if I’ve gotten enough pictures of Ethan…not nearly enough, I don’t believe.  I still have to print pictures from Ethan’s birth!  I’ve been organizing and putting pictures in the albums but have not put together a complete set because I need to get some more albums from Costco.
6.  organized some of my favorite pictures of my baby boy for his scrapbook.  I really need to complete this project!

Oh look, it’s eleven fifteen so I need to get ready to pick Ethan up from the bus stop.  We’re heading done to Lorton to drop off the car and then to finish up with helping my sister-in-law move.

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

I hope Ethan enjoys returning to school and being with his friends. He is always good when you take him out to eat with us!

Good luck with all that you have to do, especially organizing 1,000+ pictures of Ethan!!