Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School ~ day 1



1st day of school (August 29, 2011).  It was only for a short moment that my son was away at school but oh how I miss him.   Not that I don’t enjoy having some free time to do as I please.  Yes, every now and then, I’m able to do things that helps me to relax…scrap booking, knitting, crocheting, reading books, wishful thinking, planning for school for both kids, surfing the internet, etc.




As we walked Ethan towards his new classroom, Marisa said that it's now a THAN ritual to take our boy to school on his first day.  It was music to a mother's ear to hear how my daughter was saying the same exact words that I was thinking...it would be perfect to have this collaboration, year after year.  I told my daughter that I was going to hold her to this since Ethan still have many more “first days” of school left.  As I sigh a little deeper, I still can’t fathom that Marisa is in the eleventh grade.   I’m so scared but also excited that she’s gotten her wings and she’ll be ready to fly soon.  I hope and pray that with all of the years of nurturing her and completely was devoted to her wants and needs that she’ll be prepared to go out into the world.  Whew, whew, whew…just breathe in and breathe out!
Before I was able to finish this blog, I had to rush to Ethan's bus stop.  As I walked towards the bus stop, my mind was focused on the many blessings that our family have received by having two amazing children in our lives. 

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh wow, what a super-handsome, BIG boy he is!! You're really lucky to have such a sweet, devoted daughter who is also such a wonderful big sister for Ethan. He's a lucky little boy, too. :-) You did really well!

Life Happens said...

I hope Ethan and Marissa had a good first day! What a happy little guy! Glad you can have some free time to yourself.